Placing An Order
- By Phone: Call (315) 946-1213 between 9:00AM - 4:00PM EST Mon-Fri. We will be happy to assist you.
- By Mail or Fax: When ordering by mail or fax (315) 946-4456, please be sure to include the following information: -
- Complete catalog description, including product number, description, size, price etc.
- Credit card number, check or money order for the full amount including shipping/handling.
- Your address, complete with zip/postal code and phone number. No PO Boxes on orders other than Complete Plating Manual orders.
- International Customers: Please call or write for shipping options and costs. Please provide your full address, including Postal Code, when ordering. Caswell Inc. can not be responsible for lost packages where no Postal Code was given. Provide a telephone number to ease correspondence. Include your country code, please.
- By E-Mail or The World Wide Web: Orders are accepted online on our secure server at http://www.caswellplating.com . Should you have difficulty using this system, please call or fax to place your order. Our e-mail address is [email protected]
Terms & Conditions Of Sale
- Payment: Items ordered must be paid for in full before items will be shipped. We accept all major credit cards. Items purchased by personal or company checks will be held for 2-4 weeks, to allow check to clear.
- Sales Taxes: Caswell Inc collects and remits sales taxes where required by law. After the 2018 SD vs Wayfair Supreme Court decision, the list of states is changing rapidly. Products sold by Caswell Inc are not tax exempt. To place a sales tax exempt order, please call us at 855-CASWELL. We will require a copy of your tax exemption.
- Sales Tax Notice: Purchases are not tax-exempt merely because they were made over the Internet or because a seller is not required to collect sales tax. Some state laws require purchasers to review untaxed purchases and, if any tax is owed, file a sales or use tax return and pay any tax due. Consult your State's Taxing Authority for filing forms and information. Caswell Inc MAY be required to send you an annual summary of your purchases, and MAY be required to remit this information to your State's Dept of Taxation. No other information regarding your sale will be transmitted.
- Pricing & Specifications: All prices are in US Dollars, and do not include freight and handling charges, state or federal taxes, import duties, brokerage fees or any other fees imposed by a third party for handling of the shipment. Due to changing economic conditions, prices, colors & specifications are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right to ship an alternative product of equal or greater value, depending on inventory levels. Whenever possible, we will attempt to contact the buyer before shipping if an item has changed.
- Hazardous Goods: Some of our products are classified as hazardous goods by the US DOT, Transport Canada & IATA. These products will incur an additional charge when shipped by ground, and cannot be shipped by air or internationally. No guaranteed time of delivery is available on Hazardous Goods Shipments. These products are noted in our catalog by the DOT diamond hazard label. DO NOT re-ship, return or or re-sell these items without using the proper packaging & labeling. Consult 49 CFR for DOT regulations. SERIOUS FINES OR IMPRISONMENT MAY RESULT FROM IMPROPER SHIPPING OF HAZARDOUS GOODS.
- Exclusive Warranty & Limitation Of Remedies & Damages: Products distributed from Caswell Inc. are warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship at time of shipment to the extent of the manufacturer’s express warranties to Caswell Inc. or for 30 days, whichever is greater. Caswell Inc.’s liability and Buyer’s remedies under this warranty shall at our option be limited solely to repair, replacement or credit. Buyer shall at Caswell Inc.’s option return any alleged defective product to Caswell Inc. at Buyer’s expense. This warranty extends to original Buyer only. THIS WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IS IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Caswell Inc. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LABOR COSTS OR LOSS OF PROFITS ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM Caswell Inc..
- Shipping Policy: Most products are shipped from stock FOB from Lyons NY. All other products are shipped FOB from the manufacturer. Delays may occur when an item is shipped from the manufacturer and is backordered. We will advise when this occurs. We ship UPS. Some small items may be shipped by US Mail. Next Day & Two Day Service is available on telephone orders placed before 1:00PM ET. Caswell Inc. makes no delivery time guarantees. Paying for air shipping simply means that an order will be shipped by air, not that it will arrive on a certain day. Pickup times and backlogs necessitate this clause. Caswell Inc. assumes no liability for a carriers inability to pick up an express order because of bad weather or any other condition. International orders are shipped by UPS or other at the Buyer’s discretion. When shipping by mail, we will insure the package for the replacement value, but we will NOT be able to replace the package until the insurance settlement is processed (1-4 months). Some items are considered Dangerous Goods when shipped internationally. We are unable to ship these items outside the USA.
- Damaged Shipments: Shipping accidents do occur. If damage has occurred, please call us immediately with the invoice number and tracking number of the package. Please note the condition of the packaging and retain it in case the shipper requires an inspection. Our responsibility for damage ceases when the carrier accepts the shipment, please contact the carrier to make damage claims.
- Technical Support: We offer free technical support for all our products. Should you have difficulty obtaining the desired results, you may contact us for help. We offer free telephone support (toll charges may apply) and free web based support. Please see our support section for details.
- Returning Goods: Returns may be subject to a 15% restocking fee. Before returning products, you should attempt to remedy any problems by calling us to receive technical advice. Our plating kits use basic electrochemical reactions that have been used as the basis for electroplating for hundreds of years. Products may be returned on the following conditions:-
- Products must have been purchased within 30 days.
- Shipping paid on the original order is non-refundable. All returns must be shipped freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or collect return shipments.
- Products must be in new and unused condition and will be subject to inspection for damage or misuse prior to the issuance of a refund. Items that have been used or damaged will be returned to buyer at buyer's expense.
- The online or hard copy manual may not be returned. Refunds for kits will be for $20 less than the price of the kit to cover the cost of the manual.
- Video products may not be returned.
- Shipments must be made by a carrier that uses tracking numbers and must be prepaid. Care must be taken to ship all Hazardous Goods with the correct labeling & packaging.
- A copy of the original invoice must be included, clearly indicating any or all items being returned.
- Products may not be returned without approval. Please call for an authorization and clearly write this authorization on the front of the package. Shipments without this authorization will be refused.
HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
To order anything from Caswell Inc you must Read & Accept the Hold Harmless Agreement. When you place your order you are stating that you have read the terms & conditions and you are stating that you Understand and Accept the following:
- That he/she is 18 years of age or older and will provide proof upon request.
- That the products purchased may have hazardous properties that may endanger life, limb and property.
- That he/she is legally entitled to receive these materials.
- That the manufacturer of the products and Caswell Inc are not responsible for any physical harm to the buyer or bystanders or damage to property.
- There is no warranty that the products are merchantable or that they are fit for a particular purpose.
- In no event shall the seller, or seller's heirs and assigns, be liable for consequential damages, nor shall seller's liability on any claim for damages arising out of or connected with the sale, delivery, or use of the chemicals and/or supplies exceed the purchase price of the chemicals and/or supplies.
- The purchaser will not use the products in violation of any local, state, or federal law.
- The purchaser agrees to hold the seller and the product manufacturer harmless from and will indemnify seller and product manufacturer from damages caused by the use of the chemicals and/or supplies.
- The purchaser agrees that the conditions above apply equally to all current, past, and future purchases from Caswell Inc.
If you do not agree to the above, please cancel your order. Thank You!